Websites Related to Trees and Tree Care
- Horticulture Co-op of Saint Louis
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Tree Care Industry Association
- Forest Releaf of Missouri
- Missouri Department of Conservation/Forestry
- University of Missouri School of Natural Resources
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Trees Are Good
Why Hire An Arborist?
Arborists specialize in the care of individual trees. They are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
Check for membership in professional organizations such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), or the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA). Such membership demonstrates a willingness on the part of the arborist to stay up-to-date on the latest techniques and information.